But you need eggs to make a Frittata…
…said no vegan ever!
This dinner was a complete triumph! A frittata made using a gram flour (made from chickpeas) batter and packed with yummy ingredients and flavours.
I served it with a fresh sweetcorn and bell pepper salad, but here is where you can get creative. Enjoy!
Vegan Chorizo Frittata
For the Filling:
4 Vegan chorizo sausages, sliced (I get mine from M&S)
Handful green beans, trimmed and halved
1 large potato, peeled + cut into 2cm pieces
1 shallot, trimmed and sliced (or use half a red onion)
1 tomato, sliced.
For the Batter:
140g gram flour (chickpea flour)
60g thick cashew cream (blend 60g cashews in some water until smooth)
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4?tsp kala namak?(black salt – I get mine from Amazon)
1?tbsp?organic olive oil
Handful fresh parsley, chopped
1/2?tsp?dried dill (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Prepare a 23cm pie, quiche or cake tine (with release) with vegan butter or oil.
- Parboil the potatoes and green beans until nearly cooked.
- Fry off the vegan chorizo until nearly ready (2min less than the cooking instructions suggest).
- While the chorizo is cooking, mix all the ingredients for the batter in a mixing bowl with a whisk.
- Load all the filling ingredients except the tomato into the dish and cover with the batter.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Bake for 45-60min until golden and cooked through. Use a knife or toothpick to pierce the frittata from the top, and if it comes out clean it’s done – but keep an eye on it.
- Serve with a side salad of your choice.
EAT IT! EAT IT NOW!! 🙂